Sunday, September 03, 2006

Progress?

Well, as of Friday, our living room ceiling is completely down now and the insulation pulled out by our "remod" crew. While in the throws of cleaning all of that out, the guys told us that the insulation that was yellow was not "legal" persay, according to today's residential codes. It had to be pulled out because it was a fire hazard. It would have gone up like paper, they stated. Great to know.
So, now we have pink panther insulation under the part where our bedroom is (above the living room) and exposed beams. We can see the roof's ceiling, or whatever you call it, as seen in the pic. Are we making progress? I guess. Work is what we're doing, even though we have remodeling people doing the bulk of it.

In other news...

We went to see the movie Accepted last evening. It was very funny. I liked it. The husband didn't like it much, but then again, he wasn't in the mood for a humorous movie. The kids and I were, on the contrary.

Today the two younger chitlins and I went to church. It was communion day. For those of you out there who are Catholics (as I WAS one), I know you are saying to yourselves 'what Sunday ISN"T communion Sunday??'. Well, go jump off a cliff. I don't do that anymore since I am not a) in the Catholic church, b) wouldn't be "allowed" to take communion if I DID go there, and c) have such a burden on my conscience according to your kind for being remarried without an annulment. *Not something I really want to get into today.*
Anyway, in the sermon somewhere, I heard the following from the preacher's mouth:
"Sometimes we have to get angry or bent out of shape about things for the right thing to happen." Huh. Ponder that for awhile. This is a statement after my own heart. Truly. I do get angry about things, more often than needed. But if it makes the right things happen - wow. And sure, there have been times that things have turned out to be that way, now that I think back. I like that statement.

I got a phone call from Princess - the graduate who was our morning babysitter, now going to IU. She went to the football game last night. Said she had fun. I again played the part of mother and warned her about how careful she needs to be at all times. That she may think she knows someone, but really she doesn't know what they are capable of. And that it only takes one time to do something stupid or to put herself in a situation where things could go wrong, and she will never be the same person. Now that could run the gammet (sp) of many things. Let's recall what students usually do at college - not just walking alone at night, but also things like tailgaiting, parties, sleepovers at other dorms/apts., going to the 7-Eleven at 2am, many things! I just want her to think on her feet, so I reminded her. She is probably cussing me under her breath, and did so as soon as we hung up our phones. That's okay. Moms can take it. If I can be that little, annoying voice that pops into her head if she is in one of those situations and keep her from heartache, so be it. I'll be the bad guy for that.
Have a fun Labor Day!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My two oldest sons saw "Accepted" and loved it. At this point, I'd almost go to see any movie. I never get to go as often as I would like.