Sunday, September 17, 2006

Variety Show

Today is just a hodge podge of sorts. I don't have anything lengthy to say, so I'll say several short and sweet things. (of which I am sure you are dying to hear...)

First, I awoke this morning after dreaming of my late grandma. I think I have spoke of her before, but for those of you who need a refresher, she is my grandmother who passed away a few years ago due to stomach cancer. I miss her terribly. A Sunday like today would have been one of those days she would have gotten in her car and made her rounds to all of our houses to see us for a second. My mom and dad, my aunt, my cousin, etc. She would have opened the door to come in saying, "Whoopeedoo! It's getting hot outside today. " She said whoopeedoo when she was excited about something. Perhaps I had a dream about her last night because I was planning on fixing chili today for the Colts game. She was famous for her chili in my family. So, props to you, grandma. I miss you terribly.

Friday night our local football team lost its homecoming game. My oldest daughter, in 7th grade, went to the game and dance. It was her first "high school" dance. It ended at 11:30, so I had to wake up/stay awake to go and pick her up. That was rough. One more tiny experience in 'letting go' I guess. Man, I am getting older... According to what she has told me over the weekend, I have gathered she is playing the role of peace keeper among her friends. At least she isn't the one creating the problems. I'm thankful for that.

The IU Hoosiers lost their football game, too. Couldn't win one for Coach Hep. Shoot.

Colts win! Awesome passing game by Peyton. I love it when he moves the ball down the field like that. I get so excited. I want to go to at least one home game this year. Adrenaline rush is great there.

And, finally, my fantastic whoas. Somehow, remarkably, I have pulled a muscle in my lower back or something. I can barely move without being in excrutiating pain. I am not much of a manual laborer. So, how the hell did this happen? I am asking myself that, too.
I have taken Tylenol like candy. Nothing. I don't have any Advil here, so...I have used a gel called Biofreeze from a chiropractor (sample), and I have resorted to taking a scalding whirlpool bath. Still, no relief. I can't sit still, can't get comfortable, and can't bend over for any reason. Stuff on the floor will have to remain on the floor. How in the world am I going to get this to quit?!

One bright star in the day: Intervention is on A&E tonight. I love that show. The drug/alcohol counselor tech in me longs to watch it every Sunday night. I'm sick, I know.

ISTEP Week is this week - testing, testing, and more testing for my little munchkin students. Hey, bonus: we get snacks on Tuesday, delivered right to our room! Rumor has it that it is PB&J crackers with juice. Slam!

No comments: