Thursday, September 28, 2006

Sick and sicker

Greetings.
Haven't posted lately because my middle daughter, Cam, has been sicker than sick. Found out she has pneumonia. Today my mom took her back to the doctor for the second time this week and she got another injection of antibiotic, Rocephin. It is powerful stuff, but not yet kicking her illness. She is also simultaneously on oral antibiotics. She just looks horrible. Missing a week of school is not good either, considering she doesn't even feel like glancing at any homework, let alone starting on a week's worth. This is kicking our rears. And thank God for my mother who has watched her all week so that I could work - since I can't miss a day or I go back to getting paid peanuts instead of "teacher pay". UUUUGGGHHHHH.

5 comments:

Candi said...

Poor thing :( If you need anything from Japan... Yeah, I didn't think so, but I have no other way to help!

Anonymous said...

She needs her grandma, anyway. That's the best lovin' a sick kid can get! You will ALL get more rest if YOU go to work and let Granny take care of the rest. Ha! Give her lots and lots and lots of love...

Paige said...

Oh no! Poor baby. I hope she feels better soon and you all make it through with your sanity...

Melody said...

Oooh so sorry. Hope she's back on her feet in no time.

Queen Bug said...

i hope she feels better...

why can't you miss a day? do you have to earn sick days? that's crazy but i guess every school system is different.