Wednesday, July 26, 2006

WORRY LIST REPRIORITIZED



See this woman here in the picture, smiling? Well that won't be me anytime soon. (The picture is ME, but some time ago, in a good place.) After having a successful camp out with Clovis until 6:30 am this morning, I encountered the Husband as he was going off to work. Clovis and I came in the door as he was getting ready to go out of it. I holler to him...

Me: Hey, last night Clovis tried to take a whirlpool bath and when she hit the button for the jets, it didn't work.
Husband: Yeah. It's unplugged again.
Me: No, it isn't; I checked. It like power surged when I tried to turn them on.
H: Power surged? It power surged?
Me: Yes, it did.
H: Well, Clovis, you broke it.
Me: No, she didn't. (I'm starting to get annoyed at this point. The severity of the issue is definitely not getting across to Husband.)
H: Well, I don't know what you want me to do about it?
Me: (Thoughts in head= okay, I guess we'll just have a whirlpool tub that doesn't create bubbles as it is intended to do. ) Pauses.
H: Oh well.

Now, given this conversation, my worry list has reprioritized. *Disclaimer: the above conversation may not be verbatim - it was early and I had slept outstide in dew-filled tent.* I know the Husband doesn't MEAN oh well. The tub was expensive and needs to run properly - he knows this. But the comment sent my brain into overload. When will it be fixed? Who will fix it? What will it cost - it cost so much already? I can't just sit around with it not working!
So, I couldn't go back to sleep with all of this nonsense. I am now awake, with one child in the house asleep, and cannot go back to sleep. It's like I need to look up the phone number of every available plumber in the area. No, I won't, because I am still holding out on the hopes that Husband will look at it soon. He knows about these things; I don't!

more later when I am perhaps more clear-headed...

No comments: