Thursday, July 27, 2006

Is that so wrong?

This weekend will be the Husband and my's off weekend. What that means for all of you normal nuclear families is that our children will be gone to their respective parents' houses and we will be alone. That may sound horrible to some of you, but to me, it is much needed "me" time. AND, after twelve weeks of waiting because of an interview resulting in a canceled hair appointment, I am getting my hair done Saturday. Without children waiting in the waiting area for two hours unnerving me. I will be there relaxing in the "hair chair" and reading a book, chatting with Jane about life. (See previous post about Jane) And then, my friends, the Husband and I will go out for a nice, delectable dinner at this place. Yummy! They are in various locations, so check out one near you. The drinks are excellent, the staff is great, and the food is to die for. Is it so wrong that I LOVE FOOD? I think not. It tells a lot about a person if they are totally excited about going out for dinner and having many enticing entrees to choose from.

In other news...
Watched a movie yesterday that was pretty good. It is called Rumor Has It. I just love to watch movies with Kevin Costner in them. He can be so charming. And the dress that Jennifer Aniston wears to a ball in this movie is beautiful. If I had that body, I'd wear it to the post office, grocery store, PTO meetings, anywhere! But I don't, nor do I have that dress, so I'll stick to my athletic shorts and T-shirts, I guess.
Might I add, while on the subject of television, movies, entertainment - on the Young and the Restless today, Phyllis and Nick were hot and heavy. They better stay together! I'll strangle those writers if they don't. Nick is hot. Period.

I've given up on the job at the middle school where I interviewed. I'll be pleasantly surprised if they ever call that way.

I seem to be in a mood for quotations/poems/and such, so I will leave with one for today. I perhaps could post again later. That also seems to be a trend. Tomorrow is FRIDAY!

"The food of thy soul is light and space; feed it then on light and space. But the food of thy body is champagne and oysters; and so shall it merit a joyful resurrection, if there is any to be."
-Herman Melville (author of Moby Dick)

1 comment:

Candi said...

My Sister used to work at a Bonefish in Tampa! Have a WONDERFUL night out ALONE! As a mother of three, I hear you!