Thursday, July 20, 2006

HOLY TOLEDO!

I'm back...yes, back from the wisking away my husband took us on. The kids, the husband, and myself went to Toledo,Ohio. What's in Toledo, you ask. Nothing, really. The night we arrived, we went to a Holiday Inn Express and it was in the ghetto. Stayed because it was very late (almost morning, in fact), and quickly booked a different room for the next night. In the second hotel, there were three pools instead of one. Much better. And it was within one mile of a SuperTarget - that means it was NOT in the ghetto. See, you can tell a lot about a hotel by the little things. For instance, in the first said hotel, there was a small whirlpool next to the swimmable pool. When I turned the timer on for the massive bubbles, nothing happened for the first ten minutes. It was simply hot water. No fun. So I turned it past thirty minutes again, and then a trickle of "fart bubbles" so to speak, came out. Crappy hot pool, as Clovis might say. The second hotel had a whirlpool with massive waves of bubbles and hot steam. Much better.
The drive was not fun, but then again, I refuse to drive on trips unless absolutely necessary, so I just sat and tried to hold my eyes open. I survived. As did the children. Thank God for in-car DVD players. Thank you GMC. Thank you Envoy. Couldn't make it without you.

In other news...
As I sit here and type, I have a little man on my lap. No, I did not give birth again. I am babysitting my friend's son and daughter (she's older - 13). He is two. Wow! Glad I decided not to have anymore. He's great, don't get me wrong, but butt-wiping is not. Trying to make it to the potty is difficult sometimes - those poop pains just creep up on a little guy. He's doing great with the potty training, though. Much better than Clovis ever did. She refused for what seemed like forever. Many moons ago, but still so fresh in the memories. . .
His little hands are grabbing at the keyboard, the paper for the printer, the phone, the water bottle, the pens, and on and on. My house nor office is babyproof any more. I cram things on higher shelves as he tries to get them. What can I say? I take each crisis as it comes.

We are going to the fair tonight to eat that fish I spoke of. The outing was postponed due to the business trip. I hear tell of the fair rides being one ticket per ride today. I'm sure the kids will hit us up for those.
Wait! I forgot to tell you I spoke with my department head from my previous employer. Man, I miss her. She was the greatest. It was nice that she gave me such compliments about me and my abilities with words. Thanks, Marliyn. I also informed her of my purchase at Borders - Between, Georgia. I was given the gift card as a "goodbye" present from the department. I sure will miss them all. I'll miss B.Couden, too. Keep those cheerleaders spirited, girl! Hopefully I will move on to another teaching position this coming year. I have yet to hear the interview results. I hope to today or tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed!

No comments: