Friday, February 27, 2009

Out on a limb

I went out on a limb today and accomplished something I've wanted to do for a few years. I sent in the necessary paperwork to apply for the National Writing Project. This is a program for teachers. It is daily for one month. The focus is on creating, sharing, and crafting writing pieces, programs, and lessons. The theory is that we as teachers of writing have to be writers and practice writing if we are to sculpt good student writers.
I love to write and hope I am accepted. This will also give me grad credit hours to put toward maintaining my teaching license. (Of course, to maintain one's license, one must pay for his or her own grad credits. Nice concept, no? It's required, but the state can't help pay for it. Cute, real cute.)
I will find out my March 15th if I am accepted into the program. I had to send a multitude of items in to apply. It was difficult to pick what writing samples I wanted to send. I'm crossing my fingers. I love school!!! (go figure)
It is fun for teachers to be the learners. Fun to be on the other side of the desk. I can't wait.

No comments: