Thursday, August 10, 2006

Whirlwind action


Believe it or not, I got a job. Sort of. To make a long story short and spare you details, the position is teaching English at a high school forty-five minutes away from my home for a medical leave situation. Now, I am a glorified substitute for a while, it seems. Then, it may turn into a contract situation, which would be long term. It is kind of odd, but I'll take it. Beats sitting at home twiddling my thumbs, waiting for some school to call for peanut pay subbing. Now, I have to find a sitter for my children in the mornings so that they will actually make it to school. Gosh, everything happens last minute, then I'm in a pickle. But, thankful.
More later - I'm off to get the books I'll be teaching from so that I'm not staring blankly into teenage faces on the first day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know the feeling. If I go back to teaching, I miss getting everyone ready in the way I always have. I'm afraid I won't know how to "let go" of that.

Anonymous said...

If I'm not a teacher, can I still somehow justify hiring someone to come over and get my children ready for school every morning?