Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Love


Crayons
Originally uploaded by PartsnPieces.
I love brand new crayons. I am a teacher, but that has no bearing on my love of crayons because I teach secondary students. (Middle school and high school.) There is nothing better than opening a brand new box of crayons, with all of the tips perfectly sharpened and unused. They make the best lines, perfectly proportionate. A person can color exactly where they want to, without worrying how fat or thin the line may become because of the worn crayon tip. To this day, and I am in my thirties, coloring with crayons in a coloring book destresses me. I can zone out and really get into the picture I am working on. Either that makes me immature, or simplistic.
Forgive me, other manufacturers, but Crayola crayons are the best. They just are! I love the oranges, greens, and purples in the box. Perhaps I like orange the best because it represents the internal flames I have. I am not an aritst, but I do create things. I can't draw or paint anything that resembles much, but I can do artistic things like calligraphy, scrapbooking, and painting pottery.
Colors fascinate me. And new crayons, ready for the new school year, make me smile.

No comments: