Monday, August 28, 2006

Get ready for Labor Day


The end of summer is almost here. What better way to end things than with a kabang on Labor Day this long weekend? I have done some homework for you and can link you to my favorite network, The Food Network, so that you can start planning that down-home BBQ or Beach Party you have been dying to host. Click on over and browse - find a new recipe to wow the crowd with. I know I love a good treat and so will your guests. And if you aren't hosting that party in your backyard, just fix something for the intimate family then. Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


In other news...
On this day in 1963, Martin Luther King, Jr. gave his "I Have a Dream" speech in Washington, D.C. to hundreds of thousands of people. Hard to believe he was dead five short years later. How much progress have we really made? Tell me what you think.

3 comments:

Candi said...

Hi, My name is Jes, and I'm a Foodie.

Also love epicurious.com.

Candi said...

I did not even answer your progress question. I think my perspective is skewed, I am hopeful to think that things have improved since MLK's time, but I have not actually seen the progression from segregation to a unified nation so it is hard for me to say if or how far we have come.

I think I am also naive in that I am a white female, and do not have the same perspectives as someone who has been repeatedly discriminated against.

Facts are, the population in our country is moving towards a diminshing majority, with increased and equal minorities, and I like that.

Nina said...

Thanks, Jes!!