Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Anne Frank

Today in class we will begin the play adaptation of The Diary of Anne Frank. Yesterday we discussed background information, important literary terms, vocabulary, and some historical overview. A few students were interested in what Auschwitz looked like, etc. so they went online rather quickly the last few minutes of class. They were amazed at some of the images. I guess even if they don't particularly enjoy reading the play, perhaps they'll still take something away from its reading. I hope they don't get bogged down in the reading since it is in play form.
In other news...
I can't remember if I have posted about getting accepted in the National Writing Project. Well, I did! I am very honored and excited to be a part of this. My first informational meeting in April 16 at IU Southeast. We'll learn exactly what the classes entail as well as a lesson to bring back to our school. I'm thrilled!! I'm almost positive that I'll receive six grad credit hours, which I need to maintain my licensure, so that rocks!
On to school...

No comments: