Thursday, October 26, 2006

When down and out, eat dessert


I just took a batch of brownies out of the oven. It makes the house smell so good. It even said on the side of the box, "at least two whole chocolate candy bars in each batch". What could be better than that?
Then, I went to the store and bought vanilla bean ice cream ("Light") so that we can put a scoop on top of a warm brownie. As you know how things have been lately, we also plan to top that off with a dabble of hot fudge, just so we know we are getting the calories we need. Ha!

If that doesn't cure what ails ya, what will?

I got a newsletter today in the mail from Archiver's, my favorite Indiana scrapbooking store. It has some very cute projects in it for Christmas. Can you believe it is rapidly approaching? I vow to not wait to purchase gifts. I do not want to be shopping the third week in December. That's how the Husband usually does it. Not this year, sweetheart.

We have been kicking around the idea of going off for a few days around Thanksgiving. Not sure where, but just to get away. Warm place sounds great. Any suggestions? I also don't want to spend thousands of hours in a plane, either, though. (The kids will be gone.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking about going away over the Thanksgiving weekend to a nearby resort - Mohonk House or even Williams Lake, but I have not convinced the Missus yet.

Dan

Candi said...

Hm... Somewhere in Florida?

You can come to Maryland and visit me IF you bring one of those brownie sundaes :) But it's not warm... And I'll be at my in-laws. So just send the sundae and go somewhere you want to go!

Annie, The Evil Queen said...

San Diego is lovely. Expensive, but lovely. For sheer beauty, you may want to join Dan at Mohonk House. I went to school near there and it is gorgeous and peaceful. Just perfect for recharging batteries.

Anonymous said...

Santa Fe, New Mexico. Crisp. Breezy and the smell of burning Pinon Pine is everywhere.