Friday, October 13, 2006

Friday the 13th

Even though there will be some out there that will tell me I am overstepping the boundaries of safe internet use, so be it. I can't hold it in.

I AM THIRTY-THREE YEARS OLD TODAY.

Gosh, I don't want to keep getting older. Not that I really think 33 is old, persay. But, that means that old years are to come. And frankly, I don't want it.
I have a cousin, who is like a daughter to me, who will turn 21 tomorrow. Remembering back to my 21st birthday...the night before it, I felt that twinge of intuition and went out and bought a pregnancy test. After all, I wouldn't want to celebrate on a pregnant stomach!
Yep. Pregnant.
So, memorable as it was, my twenty-first bday didn't involve the traditions of a normal 21st. I hope her birthday is great. I love her.
And, my biological father's birthday is tomorrow. He will be 51. You do the math. He lives in Florida, way far away. I miss him terribly, and wish I could be there to celebrate with him.

As for the birthday being today, on Friday the 13th? I'm not worried. My 16th bday was on Fri. the 13th, too. And it turned out great.
Hey, I already got the new Lionel Richie CD this morning as a gift so I can crank it on the way to work. It'll be a good day.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, you old crag!!!!

WoooHOOOOOOO!

I'm going to celebrate being YOUNGER THAN YOU forever and ever, no matter how old *I* get!!!!!

Eat CAKE!!

Dan said...

Happy Birthday! Enjoy the day!

Paige said...

Happy Birthday!!!

I was pregnant on my 21st too. (I still had a beer.)

Annie, The Evil Queen said...

Happy Birthday! I turned 35 this year nad so far, it has been lovely. My brother in Law is January 13, so he gets a Friday teh 13th every once and a while too. Fun.

I honestly don't remember what I did on my 21st. I assume I went out with my boyfriend at the time. I doubt I got drunk. How strange I don't recall.

Candi said...

Happy Birthday!

Not pregnant at 21, but I was a single mom to a 2 year old, so I was in bed by 10 :)

Ericka said...

Happy birthday!!!