Monday, March 12, 2012

Write it Down

I'm a natural letter writer. I've written so many letters in my lifetime, many of which I never send. I've written letters at my desk at school before, and then sat there and ripped them up into little tiny bits over my trashcan. Some I have put in my desk drawer at school, only to toss them at a later date. And yet others, I've either hand delivered, or have sent them in the mail. I will also write in cards. I use all of that empty space on the inside flap to jabber and communicate to others. I love getting communication back, too. It makes my heart go flip-flop if I get a letter in the mail or via email. I want to know what others are thinking or what's going on in their lives. I love that bond that letters create.
However, there are times when so much is floating around in my brain that I am speechless. Sometimes the words just won't come out. I don't enjoy those times. Those times make me feel like my hands are tied. Good thing I don't have trouble speaking, or seeing, or hearing. I would really feel insane, then.
What I guess I'm getting at is that I could write a thousand letters. And I would love to receive a thousand back. But there are just some letters you can't write. And then there are those that you can write, but just can't send.

No comments: