Sunday, March 04, 2012

Tickets, Transfer, and Tornados

I am bummed. I didn't get John Mayer tickets. I tried for quite some time. No luck. That pretty much saddened my spirits. I really wanted to go see him. I've talked about it for a long time. I never thought I'd get the chance. Then, when I did, it failed. Oh well.
Mak is trying to transfer to IU Southeast, and it is not going well. One person says to do this, while another person says to do that. No, you don't have to pay this fee, yes, you do have to pay this fee. I'm tired of the runaround. Had I known she'd get jerked this way and that, I'd have had her just begin down at IUS. It might have been easier. This graduation/college thing is exhausting.
Yesterday we went to help my best friend's father in law whose property was mangled due to the southern Indiana tornados. The devastation is too much for words. You can see the direct path this monster took. It wrecked communities. It killed people. It was powerful. The massive cleanup is far from over, but with the help of many good people, at least there is a dent in it. It was nice to see hope in humankind. There are still good people out there even though our world's a mess. There really are.

No comments: