Saturday, February 04, 2012

Older AND Wiser? Not really.

It's not a whole lot of fun getting older. There are so many things that come along with getting older. Some of them are seen as positive, some as not so positive. In the nature of my personality, let's say, I tend to see the not so positive creeping into my life on a daily basis. Or maybe I just notice it daily. I dunno. Anyway...take for instance a few months, give or take, of not eating healthy. This has proven to me that it is so easy to put on weight yet so difficult to take it back off. I'm what is known as a yo-yo; my weight has fluctuated my entire adult life. Up and down. Up and down. And if I want to maintain a "healthy" weight, I must work at it like it's my second job. Or maybe even my first job. Either way, it sucks for me. I haven't been "working" at it, so I am increasing in weight. Oh, there are those people out there that like to stroke others' egos and say things like, "Oh, please. You look fine." Yeah, buddy, shut up. Then there are others who tread lightly, trying to be a bit honest, yet gentle: "Yeah, I know. It's hard to take off weight, isn't it?" or some bs like that. So, in the end, I get it. The older I get, the harder it is to keep my weight down. And, folks, that's a major downer for me. I'm so self-conscious. I'm so low in self-esteem. I admit that about myself. Character flaw one? Check. (I won't list the fifteen other character flaws...) Older and wiser? Maybe. Older and fatter? Yes, indeed. Damn, isn't life grand?

No comments: