Saturday, February 18, 2012

Nervous Stomach

I just finished filling out Makaili's FAFSA for financial aid for this next school year. I literally have butterflies in my stomach after filling it out. I wasn't this nervous when I filled it out last year! I had a place where I was unsure of what number to put, so I called the tax office where we get our taxes prepared, and I asked them what to put. They told me what to put, but I still feel in my gut that it might be wrong. I don't want to mess up my child's funding, you know? It's a scary thing. She didn't get near the amount of grants that we thought she would, so that puts me in an apprehensive mood. I guess I just have to let go of it. I have to know that I put what was honest and true, and leave it at that. I can't do anything better or different. It is what it is. We'll see how it all turns out.
Meanwhile, my stomach is doing flip flops. Of course, it could be related to other things, or it could be all things combined, but nonetheless, it is happening. And I don't like it. I want to be able to control it. And I can't. Now THAT is a scary thing.

No comments: