Sunday, April 08, 2007

Easter

Today is Easter. The girls are with their dad and I sat here all day in this house without A) going to church, B) eating a traditional Easter dinner, and C) seeing any of my family. I feel shitty about all of them. I cleaned the house instead. Not that I wanted to, but I had to. Isn't Easter supposed to be about renewed hope in life? About being a believer and relishing in that fact? Yeah. I thought so. What did I get out of it? Sore muscles and coughing. A bologna sandwich and wheat thins.
So, in a few minutes, I will get in the car and go get the girls. We'll do homework, baths and showers, and bed. Feels like the weekend was an entire waste. Oh, and then, then I get to get up tomorrow morning and start another week of work. How freakin' fun is that?

I read post secret's website every Sunday. After reading it, I feel like I could send in about a million of my own postcards. Anyone else feel the same?

I am reading a book by Jodi Picoult right now - Nineteen Minutes. It is about what could happen in nineteen minutes. The focus is on a school shooting and bullying. It is good, but not as good as her book My Sister's Keeper. Just thought I'd inform you book bugs out there.

No comments: