Friday, January 07, 2011

Welcome to the Jungle

Going back to the South Decatur gym has me reeling with memories of all the time I spent there growing up. In the nineties, the song that played nonstop there was "Welcome to the Jungle" by Guns N Roses. When I say nonstop, that's exactly what I mean! We had shirts that were adorned by it, posters, megaphones, and more. It was crazy. So, tonight, I'll be taking a road trip with my daughters to go see JC play SD. I think JC will kick butt, but that's okay. It'll be an opportunity for the girls and I to see many of our old friends. We will also be eating at the local pizza place, a hole in the wall with excellent breadstics, again bringing me back to my youth when my friends and I would order them while working at the local Dairy Queen. We'd order both marinara and cheese sauce, then dip the breadstick in one directly followed by the other. It was such a tasty combination. That was our life! That and strombolis. Yum! Bring back the memories, SD. Bring 'em back.

No comments: