Sunday, January 23, 2011

Reisling

A couple of months ago we took a road trip to Ohio and went to Jungle Jim's. It is a very large grocery store that has all sorts of exotic foods and foods from around the world. Another lovely thing about Jungle Jim's is the large alcohol section. There are wines from every vineyard imaginable. While there, I was able to find a wine that is normally not available to me. It is a reisling that I love. Since the sticker price was $25 a bottle, I got only one on my limited budget. I saved the wine for as long as I could. I opened it last night. I savored every single glass I drank. It was beautiful. The wine is a bit drier than that of a Chateau St. Michelle or a Fetzer or a Kendall Jackson. It is not too dry, though, because I don't like them very dry. The hint of fruit is satisfying. I was pleased to have found it in Ohio. Too bad the liquor stores around here don't carry it. That would please me even more! I guess I'll just have to see it as an indulgence - something that I can look forward to every once and a while. (Unless I want to stop by Bonefish Grill with my girlfriends and indulge there.) Now, that doesn't sound half bad, either! :)

No comments: