Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Keeping Quiet

I find it hard to not say what's on my mind. I mean, it almost kills me to A) not say what I want to people, and B) not wear my heart on my sleeve at all times. I'm just that kind of emotional girl. Now, don't get me wrong. I don't think I'm one of those women who crawl at people's feet with every little needy nuance of life. Rather, I am a sensitive, emotion-driven woman who feels the need to be open and honest with others. I guess that's a good way to put it. Nevertheless, this kind of gets me into a bit of trouble at times. Take right now, for instance. There are sooooo many things that I want to say to several different people, but I know in my mind that I simply cannot do it. I cannot say the things I feel the need to say. It'll stir up trouble. Big trouble. And I don't think those cans of worms need to be opened. I guess as they say, some things are better left unsaid. I just find it very difficult to put into practice. Some things I want to say may offer someone else some comfort, whereas other things I want to say to someone may hurt them terribly. I'll be the bigger person and not act on what I want to say. I'll keep it to myself. Sure, I'll suffer somewhat, but it's what I have to do I suppose. I must keep my emotions checked at the door. I wonder how others do it?

No comments: