Sunday, April 05, 2009

Emotional

I just watched the Will Smith movie Seven Pounds. Of course, I cried. I was told I would, and I knew I would. Many reasons why, naturally, if you know anything about me. Suicide, in general, is a difficult subject for me. My maternal grandfather shot himself when I was in fifth grade. It impacted my entire life. Some say or think that I should get over it, in a nutshell, but too easy to say and not easy enough to do.
Organ donation is big for me, too, but for different reasons. From the time I could get my driver's license, I have been an organ donor. I believe in it. The "person" is the spirit, not the organs, so why bury them in the ground for them to rot away and not help a single living human being? Donate them and let someone else go on living if they need organs. (not being very eloquent here; sorry.)
Love. That's also a soft subject for me. There are many ways to love and be loved. This movie I just watched was a prime example of the many facets of love. Just watch it and see for yourself.
I also rented a couple of other movies to watch. I am going to show my kids The Passion...movie. Up to this point, I have not allowed them to see it, for violence reasons mainly. But, I think it's time.
It is so difficult raising a teenager. I'm convinced it is even moreso with a girl. There are struggles, moods, words exchanged, and more that make me an emotional wreck at times. I'm not blaming anyone, I'm just pointing out the obvious. One can only hope she is being the mother she needs to be in certain times. It's tough. Very tough.
Only a week and a half until my full day of orientation at IUS. I am excited.
Allergies killing me. 'Nuff said.

1 comment:

Hit 40 said...

It is definitely movie time. Nothing on tv. Maybe, I will check out your movie. I am psyched for your orientation. Something new is always great. New job?