Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Liar, Liar

No, not the movie(I love that movie, though)with Jim Carrey. Though he is a very funny guy, I am speaking of something different.
What's the punishment for lying under oath? Or for lying to your lawyer? Just wondering.

If you notice the post time, you'll see I am not at school teaching the youth of America today. Nope, I am sitting in the confines of the home office on my personal computer. Why, one might ask? Because I was forced to take a "personal day" from work, thinking I would be in divorce court today. Alas, once again the date has been postponed. I mean, how many times can one hearing be postponed? When does it become a nuisance? So, due to circumstances beyond my control, I have burned a personal day for no reason. That, my friend, is wasteful. Forget about saving the Earth, let's save the personal days instead. Ha!

To the Princess with love, I hope you have a wonderful time sewing your youthful oats out in Montana. Take it all in, my friend. Breath easily with no responsibilities or constraints. This is one of those "once in a lifetime" events and you know it. Don't let your mother get you down about it. And make sure you represent: must wear IU hat, scarf, and whatnots - Hoosier emblems everywhere!

I am off to make something of my day -- some Christmas shopping awaits me. Well, what did you expect me to do with a day off?! Seriously!
Shall I tell Santa what you want?

1 comment:

Brenda said...

I remember how many times my divorce got postponed. grrrr. Dragged on and on and on. Hope things got better for you. :-)