Friday, July 06, 2012

Dad

I'm not a gambler. I don't enjoy losing money for any reason. So, when my dad asked me to go to Belterra with him, I was a bit hesitant, but I agreed to go.
We went today, this morning (to beat the crowd, according to him), and we just got home. We had so much fun. He gave me a little spending money, which thrilled me. I didn't have to lose my own! So I was down to 6.00. After that, I was going to be done. I tried one last machine - the Elvis machine. (Irony here because I despise Elvis.) I schlepped on up to the machine, sat my big butt down, and began playing. I got down a couple of dollars with some winnings sprinkled here and there. Then, I hit a bonus and won enough money to call it quits. A hundred dollars later, I was jumping for joy! That's the most money I have ever won -  doing anything! Then dad and I stopped at this little winery in Vevay. It was a quaint little place that had nice views and a cute little tasting room. So, I bellied up and sipped on some wines. I bought a bottle of  sweet white wine. Too bad no one will want to split it with me. I guess I'll have to drink the entire thing all by myself. Darn.

No comments: