Monday, May 21, 2012

Thank you, Lord. This is the last day of the year.

Thank you, Lord, for this being the last day of this school year. Sure, I have to go to tomorrow for paperwork, packing up my room, and putting everything away until next August. But I'm okay with that. We teachers sent away our students today to the next chapter of their lives -- high school. This included my daughter. No more running to Mommy's room to get tampons, money, or cry on her shoulder. Mommy will have her room to herself now. No more piles of clothes, CDs, tennis shoes, flip-flops, scarves, or headbands behind my desk from my youngest one. Nope, I'm taking my space back. It's all mine again. Yippee! I only wish it could've ended on a better note. Today was a rough day. Tons of teenage drama, to put it mildly. I'm glad I at least get a break from it for several weeks. Hello, summer!

No comments: