Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Another Year Gone By

It's the close of another school year. Today marked the end of my third year here at JCMS. Both Mrs. Lane and I got to supersoak the kids today, as we have for the three years I've been here. It's a bittersweet moment. Next year Mrs. Lane will not be my neighbor any longer. She is moving rooms. I feel like I'm losing my best friend. We've become very close, and I hate to see her move into another hallway away from me. We're not even within shouting distance!
This year, I've felt like I accomplished something by meeting almost every single one of my standards. That's difficult to do in just 180 days of school. Continuity was a big thing this year; I felt disconnected at times due to snow days in early 2011. Overall, though, I felt it was a successful year. Our ISTEP scores might not show it, but I know in my heart I did my best, and that's all anyone can ask for. Tomorrow I will finish in my room and leave until August. That's a good feeling!

No comments: