Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Out of Touch

I am so out of touch with what is going on in the world around me. I'm in my own little nutshell. And in this nutshell my world revolves around my kids and school (work). I feel like I'm in a fog sometimes; I can't see past the nose on my face. I don't really watch the news. I listen to XM radio, so I don't really get news there, either. I don't subscribe to a newspaper. So really, the only news I get is what I catch on Channel One News at school some days. That's it. And the local "gossip", or news, as the community seems to call it. I am disconnected. Disengaged. Uninformed. I need to get with it and watch CNN sometime or something. Instead of folding that last load of laundry, maybe I should sit down a minute and take notice of the world around me. I can tell you when the next track meet is, but I can't tell you what is happening on the west coast of the United States. That, my friends, is neglect. I've got to get a handle on it.

No comments: