Tuesday, June 05, 2007

B-A-S-E H-I-T


Clovis got a base hit tonight at her softball game! It was so cute. She got on base and was ready to rock-n-roll to second. The next batter struck out, though. Finally, in the third game, she got a hit.

While sitting and watching the game tonight, some old softball cheers came back to me. I'm going to teach them to the team so that they can have "new" ones that the other teams don't know. They are excited.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, a stray dog came to my mom and dad's house. I guess it barked most of the night. I tried to give it a bath today and almost got devoured by it. After it felt the cool water on its skin, it didn't think I was so bad after all. Every once and a while, though, she got temperamental again and snarled at me. I went down to their house this evening and it was still hanging out by their front porch. I'm a sucker -- I took it some dog food. My dad will kill me when he finds out. I can't help it. It looked at me with "those eyes" and I melted.

Tomorrow Cam (middle daughter) goes to get her eyes checked. Perhaps it will help with the headaches she has been having.

Two more softball games this week. Tomorrow evening and the next at the ballpark. Supper never the same time twice this week - we'll manage. Now I know how my parents felt when I was traveling all over hell's creation playing double headers and such. Man!

1 comment:

Annie, The Evil Queen said...

When my sisters and I were in high school, my Mom gave up on making dinner. She'd make sure there was food, but no one was ever all home at the same time. Sounds like ball park picnics might be a good option for you guys.