Monday, June 24, 2013

Behind Enemy Lines

Yesterday was another milestone of sorts...I dropped my daughter off at Purdue University. Now, don't get all excited. I did not drop her off to get an education there...Oh, no,no,no. I wouldn't dare do that! Haha. Instead, I dropped her off to attend a Track & Field Camp there for four days. I still felt like I was a traitor of sorts. But, hey - if it comes to them wanting to give her some scholarship money, I guess I will have to re-evaluate. Who would turn that down??
I am already finding it very difficult to be here without her. She is my rock. She keeps me sane. I am lost without her. I am looking at this as a reality check of sorts. she only has one more year of high school, so roughly one more year at home with me. I have to try and get used to the fact that she won't be here with me forever! It's a tough reality to face, though, let me tell ya! I just have to keep myself occupied. And with dance practices, tutoring, and laundry, I think I will manage to stay busy.

No comments: