Thursday, December 08, 2011

Shoulder

A long time ago when I worked at North Decatur High School, I had this shoulder issue. It got so bad, I did several rounds of intense massage therapy. It was weeks before the pain subsided. Well, it has returned. My shoulder is absolutely killing me. It hurts/burns/pinches right around the curvation of my shoulder blade. The stinging is so bad that I was in tears last night. Tears. And I'm a grown woman.
I went to the doctor for this issue right before Thanksgiving. The week before, actually. They put me on Prednisone, a steroid. It worked after a while. It was pretty intense, though. It was rough on my stomach, and it gave me hot flashes. I only had to take it for a week, thank goodness. But, already, the flare up is back. I'm not too happy about it. At the same time, I hate to return to the doctor, for several reasons. Some of those include but are not limited to the following: I don't like going to the doctor, I don't want to take medicine, and I don't want to be told "It's stress." Duh, I know that. And who can "get rid of" stress altogether? That's right, no one. So, here I'll sit, in agony, and wish it away. Let's see how that works.

No comments: