Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Everything's pointing to the end in sight

There is an end in sight! This weekend will be the culmination of a romance set up by me. Yes, a marriage ceremony is taking place this Saturday between two people whom I set up last summer. Best of all, this marriage is between my cousin and Goddaughter, Krea, and her boyfriend, Nick. And the kicker?? I am the matron of honor. What that means is that I have been preparing for this wedding for an intense seven weeks or so. You see, the couple moved their wedding date up because of Nick's sick mother. Unfortunately, she did not make it to the wedding date, so the even will be bittersweet. It also means that I must give a toast at the wedding reception. I have just worked on it for about twenty minutes now. It was harder than I thought it would be. There is so much I want to say, but I don't want to be longwinded or too sentimental. I must admit, I did have a little mushy part there in the middle. I can't cut it out, though. Just can't. I only pray that I can speak well, harboring my intense emotions. I want the audience to feel my love for the couple, but hopefully not see me break into a tearful mess. I want to be able to keep it together long enough to make the toast. I'm hoping I make it through the ceremony rather unscathed, but I highly doubt it. I'm an emotional wreck already. I've been tearing up every time I really sit and think about the wedding. Krea is my baby. She's more like my firstborn than a cousin or goddaughter. I hope I make her proud.

No comments: