Monday, September 07, 2009

Labor Day

Over this long weekend, I have spent much time with friends. It was a good weekend. One of the highlights of the weekend was seeing old friends that we haven't seen in months and brunch with a group of tight-knit friends this morning.
Our brunch was awesome! Everyone pitched in and brought a dish. Some of the items included the following: sausage biscuits and gravy, fresh fruit, cinammon rolls, blueberry muffins, eggs, pancakes, bacon, and hashbrown casserole. Since I am watching what I eat, I really had to curb the temptation to go all out, eating whatever I wanted. I didn't. I had small portions of most of the items. I did not eat cinammon rolls, pancakes, an entire biscuit, etc. I tried to stay with the better parts of the brunch food items. Believe me, it wasn't easy!
Last evening I made a huge pot of chili and had a big group of friends over. We played a game called "Left, right, center" most of the night. It is a really easy, fun game that gets people excited. You can't help but get a bit perturbed at giving away your chips to your neighbor! It was good to see our friends from Columbus that we haven't seen in months. We all had a great time. I was tired today.
Well, with today off we have a short work week ahead. I have survivor book club at school Tuesday night, but am looking forward to only working four days! Happy Labor Day to all.

No comments: