Friday, June 05, 2009

Speechless

The show was simply amazing. Those who go see it will understand when I say you don't want it to end. It's that good.
The music is phenomenal. It is the kind of music that makes a person want to sing if they can't. I must admit, my eyes teared up several times, but for many reasons.
Let's examine them:
1. When people can sing, it brings tears to my eyes.
2. Music moves me.
3. The musical nudged my acting bug, which seems to be nudged more and more as time passes.
4. The themes in this musical impact audience members.
5. My love (and my girls') for The Wizard of Oz made me love this musical. It is sort of a prequel to The Wizard of Oz.
6. It made me think back to all of the shows I've seen in the past, either smalltown podunk shows, or grand Broadway shows. I love them all!
7. Makes me sad that I cannot afford season tickets to the Broadway series. Makes me even sadder that I can't take my girls to experience it with me if I were to go.
8. Great acting is mesmerizing to watch (and cry about).
9. Why can't I quit my job to travel and do theater reviews???
10. I cried because I could.

If anyone can get a ticket to see Wicked, either in New York City or not, then do so. You'll be ever amazed and in awe!

No comments: