Sunday, October 28, 2007

L'Ville

The Husband and I spent last weekend in the great state of Kentucky (hi, Mel). I had two surprises that He had planned for me. The first was glassblowing at Glassworks. I got to blow a glass pumpkin. Now, this may not entice some of you, but for me, it was great. I love pumpkins, and I love orange. So, my pumpkin is a rich orange and red with a swirly green stem. It is gorgeous. I recommend anyone who lives within driving distance to L'ville to go see the studio. It is amazing.
The second surprise was a theater show. We saw The Underpants, adapted by Steve Martin. This was in the Actors Theater in downtown L'ville. It was a hoot!
We had a good time. We stayed at The Brown hotel downtown. It opened in Oct. 1923. Very Jay Gatsby-ish. (for those of you who don't recognize the reference --- The Great Gatsby, novel I love. )
I encourage people to go places, explore! You won't regret it.

1 comment:

Melody said...

So glad you had a good time. Glassworks is amazing. I actually went to a party there once - too cool.

Your hubby did good. Stimuli for all the senses. Next time - let me know and we can meet for dinner. I'd love to meet a fellow Westportian and blogger.