Tuesday, November 07, 2006

I swear.

I swear to you I had planned on uploading pictures of the remod. I sincerely do not have the patience to wait on my slow camera to upload the photos onto my computer, then transfer them, yadda, yadda, yadda. I just don't have it in me, folks. Isn't that sad and terrible? I thought so, too.

On a brighter note, the Husband and I are taking a trip to NYC for Turkey Day Holiday. Just the two of us. We have scheduled to see the Macy's Parade, the Broadway play The Color Purple, and Turkey Day Fixins at Tavern on the Green. If that doesn't sound like a rip-roarin' good time, I don't know what does. Plus, we will shop and root around for fun. A couple of clubs, a few drinks, good music (Birdland Jazz Club) and we'll be set. I simply can't wait.

The oldest daughter is still not feeling well. We are both over it.
Last night I had to move to the couch around 3am because the Husband was absolutely sucking in the roof with his snoring. I couldn't even wake him up. So, my night didn't go well. The couch just isn't the same sometimes, and last night was one of those nights.

I'm going to rant and whine for just a second longer, and then I'll allow the charades to stop... middle daughter, Cam, in fifth grade continues to bring home "busy work" from school. I have done more homework than I care to in the last few months than I remember ever doing. It's sickening. Like, what do they do all day at school - pick their noses? Work on building relationships? What? Even at the high school level (which I teach), I try not to send home much homework. Maybe I'm too liberal. Or maybe I am too realistic - knowing that it won't get done. Who knows. But, the antics can stop. I don't want or need any more homework this year. I already went through fifth grade. I don't want to do it all over again. Plus, it makes me red with rage. I don't need that, either. I have enough of that already.

2 comments:

Annie, The Evil Queen said...

I never understand the excessive homework approach. If they can do 10 math problems, they could do 30, but why make them? And if they can't do ten, they sure as hell can't do thirty. Same goes for other subjects. I can see having kids read information ahead so you can discuss it and expand on it the next day, but it has to be at their ability level. Grade school kids can't read 35 pages a night. Good luck with this.

I have no help for the snoring husband except for maybe frozen marbles for when you can't wake him. They will be very cold and follow him around the bed until he wakes up. Of course, if you are in the bed, they will follow you too. Has he tried those nose strips to help him breathe?

Candi said...

Tavern on the Green?!?! Shut UP!

Have fun!