Wednesday, May 27, 2009

worry

So I am sort of freaking out about my upcoming class. I know I shouldn't; there's really nothing to be afraid of. Despite telling myself that, I am frightened a bit. You see, I have to do what's called a "demo" lesson. This lesson is hands-on for the participants of the writing class. I must demonstrate a writing lesson, having the students (grad students) do whatever writing task I explain. Then, the pieces of writing are displayed for all to see. The demo lesson should be one that these teachers/students can take back and use for their classrooms. Sure, I've had writing lessons I've done before, but I don't want to do one too easy, too disconnected or not meaningful. Help me out, if you can!
I sort of want to do something like Postsecret.com, but???????
(breath deeply, breath deeply, Nina)
Why do we fear failure so much???

1 comment:

Missy said...

What element of writing are you thinking of? Narrative, literary, or something like a feature article? Give me some more details and I may be able to help...